All of us were expected to turn-up at Shanthi's place as she threw a party for her blissful marriage life. The haul included Me(of course), Praveen, Dheeraj, Bhanu, David, Ankush(Our new UC), Larry, and our Pedha Puli(Allwin). Ironically, while I was expecting a full-fledged Kerala menu, Swapna was the one who made the food. Shanthi did help her though.
I was a little confused as to how to go to Shanthi's house, then contacted Larry who said he has his friend Narendra's Activa to use for now. Met-up with him at KPHB and we were on our way. We found the house pretty easily though we were clueless as to where her house was. Shanthi did guide us to her apartments from a distance of a few yards. I dare say we were the first to arrive at what was to be an eventful evening. Within a span of 30-40 mins, everybody turned up including Dheeraj with a cake.
We were yapping away to glory until the moment as to when one of us, possibly me, was humming some song. Now everybody coaxed me into singing a song. Couldn't resist when asked to do something I like. I think I sang Ye rojaithe Choosano ninu from Gulabi. After Allwin's arrival, everybody, including Allwin, asked me do it again. Sang again and we were off. I was soon joined by Bhanu and Dheeraj and we were chorusing songs in Telugu, English and Hindi alike. Incidentally, Ankush joined in with guitar and Larry followed. larry sang a solo with guitar, later Dheeraj joined him. David displayed his prowess at drums on a helmet with a pair of spoons !!!!
If I haven't told you about Ankush before, this would a better time. He turned out to be a gadget lover and gave tips on how to use ones gadgets to Shanthi and Swapna. He is very cool, friendly and approachable guy. I should say he has a big hand and a very firm grip. His handshakes usually involve grasping your whole hand in an enthusiastic and business like manner. I read somewhere that such people are usually very dominating. But not Ankush.
As the fun continued, Allwin was running out of time. He had less time to spare now. All of us were now readying ourselves to fill our tummies. Tasty dinner followed the cake cutting. Bhanu, Dheeraj and I sang Kannulo nee Roopame from Ninne Pelladatha while the couple cut the cake. Later, Jarin joined in to have dinner with Mr. Murali.
Photos and video recording were through-out the party. Thank god there weren't many residents around that area. Else, for the racket we were making, the whole neighbourhood would have had a sleepless night.
The night wasn't over after Allwin, Ankush and Jarin left. All of us went to Ilabs to drop Swapna for she had to go home in office Cab. There, we decided to extend the fun filled evening a little bit more. Larry went and dropped the Activa at Narendra's office and we were off to Dheeraj's place. Four Bikes and me without any warm clothes and protection were cruising through the cool Tolichowki Main road to Mehdipatnam. Once there, We bought drinks for all. David, pure-hearted, would not have anything except soft drinks. After having a couple of bottles each, we went for more, I guess they mixed something else in mine because I usually don't get high for Beer. Anyways, we were discussing everything from girlfriends to office issues. Time flew and morning came bright and sunny. The party went out to have some proper food as the stuff with drinks can't be called quality stuff.
I and Larry were off to his place as I cant go home like that. Around 2 in the afternoon, I woke up and bade Larry good-bye only to meet him later in the evening at office.
Kadha sukantham....Happy ending....for now !!!!
Tuesday, February 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment