Saturday, December 6, 2008

New kids on the block !!!!

My first call......frankly, I don't remember it. But I can tell you that it was pathetic. What could you expect from me anyways.... ;) hehe !!!

Russell was so silent on calls that even if you are sitting next him, you can only hear a murmuring sound and his lips moving. Yet, he is very clear on calls. I heard one of his calls. During the Ordinate test before we start taking calls, all of us got around average scores. But Irfan who got very less in the Ordinate test before the training, got the highest(80) in the final Ordinate test. Irfan and Russell were the only ones to get 80. My score decreased from the last score though. Anyways, all of us were taking calls except for Arokya. We were wondering and suddenly she had a one-on-one meeting with Mr. Praneeth. We haven't seen her since.

While taking calls, we have Floor-walkers to help new agents. The floor-walkers would change from day to day. Usually we had Ankur Bose, Ramya Bali, Srijana, Bhanu, Praveen, David, KP(Krishna Priya), Irshad, Chaitanya Bokka, etc etc.....

We had huddles everyday. As new agents, we were in this fresh batch called Bridge period. It lasts for around 3 months. As long as we are in the bridge period, we are learners and must learn from our mistakes as much as we can. So I made the most mistakes and learnt the most.... lolzz...just kidding !!!

Ankur is a cool chap, always easy going and spirited. His energy level is very high. Ramya Bali is.....Ramya Bali !!! :D

Srijana is the hip-hop kinda girl on the floor. With the trendy head-gear etc....

David is the weirdest of them all. He gives a completely irrelevant answer, laughs at his own joke, and then gives the right answer. Praveen is a cool guy and has a few awards in his bag for his exceptional performance.

KP is EXTREMELY soft spoken and timid. She is the kind of a girl who makes a breathy and surprised sound for any question asked.

Bhanu is kinda the most handsome guy on the floor. Tall, broad shoulders, fun-loving, and cool. Too many adjectives I guess, but cant help. He is also IT SPOC(Single Point Of Contact) for any IT issue.

Chaitanya is the "Knight in Armor" on the floor. Almost all the new agents call him "Sir"....maybe for his personality. He is really calm and assertive kinda guy. Can take stress and handle it well too. Even personal ones. Everyone on the floor(Old kids on the block) call him Bokka, by his last name. At first, I thought they were teasing him for some specific reason as Bokka means hole in Telugu. And he knows the language. It turns out that he lives near my house in another area and sometimes we get same cab for the pick-up.

Almost all of them are UALs(Universal Assist Line). They are like supervisors on the floor.

We had regular huddles, mini assessments, and refresher sessions of the training. Sometimes we would be joined by our managers. Since we were divided into two teams, sometimes Ashwin and sometimes Allwin would be with us. I always get confused with these two names and call them with the other's name. I still have this problem and am working on it.

As long as you are in bridge period, you are allotted a larger AHT(Average call Handle Time) bracket. So we needn't worry about our AHT, just yet.

And I forgot to mention about our UC(Universal Coach) Jarin Thomas. He is a curly haired and formally casual(don't know how else to explain !!!) guy whose bay is filled with certifications and customer compliments.

Although he is no longer my UC. Now we have a another guy. A new guy on the floor and process, Ankush. Cant tell anything about him yet, as I don't know him myself.

No comments: